Vilakkumadom of Thirunelly Temple
- The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) has urged the government to conserve the historically significant structures, including the 600-year-old ‘Vilakkumadom’.
- The Thirunelly Maha Vishnu temple is an iconic temple in Wayanad, Kerala near to Brahmagiri hills. It is also known as ''Sahyamala Kshetram'' and ''Kashi of the South‘’.
- Thirunelli Temple is the only temple in the world where the devotees can perform all the rituals related to one’s life, starting from birth to death and life after death.
- The rituals are performed on the banks of the stream Papanasini which flows down from Mount Brahmagiri.
- On the western side of the temple is the cave temple Gunnika, dedicated to Lord Shiva.
About Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH)
- The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) was founded in 1984 in New Delhi with the vision to spearhead heritage awareness and conservation in India.
- Today INTACH is recognized as one of the world’s largest heritage organizations, with over 190 Chapters across the Country.
- Headquartered in New Delhi, it operates through various divisions.
- The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage is a non-profit charitable organisation registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- In 2007, the United Nations awarded INTACH a special consultative status with United Nations Economic and Social Council.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. You can reach us on email@example.com or
Call support - +91 78498 41445,+91 83029 72601,+91 78775 18210
Let's connect with CLASS24
🚀 Download the Class24 App here:
🚀 Telegram Link:
🚀 Facebook Link:
🚀 Instagram Link:
🚀 Twitter Link:
🚀 YouTube Link:
🚀 Youtube channels SSC
🚀 Class24 आपणो राजस्थान
🚀 Class24 RAS