- The Kerala Lokayukta, has referred a case related to alleged nepotism and anomalies in the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF) to a three-member full bench for investigation.
What is Lokayukta?
- Lokayukta is an anti-corruption authority or ombudsman – an official appointed by the government to represent the interests of the public.
- Most importantly, it investigates allegations of corruption and mal-administration against public servants and is tasked with speedy redressal of public grievances.
Issues Related to Lokayukta
- The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013 only has one section on Lokayukta, which mandates that states must pass the Lokayukta Act within one year and there is no information about their makeup, powers, or other features.
- One of the major challenges faced by the Lokayukta is the delay in the investigation and resolution of complaints.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. You can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call support - +91 78498 41445,+91 83029 72601,+91 78775 18210
Let's connect with CLASS24
🚀 Download the Class24 App here:
🚀 Telegram Link:
🚀 Facebook Link:
🚀 Instagram Link:
🚀 Twitter Link:
🚀 YouTube Link:
🚀 Youtube channels SSC
🚀 Class24 आपणो राजस्थान
🚀 Class24 RAS